Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Jul 23, 2021

I accidentally overpaid my gas bill: amount due $48.77, amount paid $4877.00. The payment was scheduled through my bank's bill pay and was debited from my checking account 7/16/2021.

To issue a refund, Columbia Gas requested a letter on bank letterhead indicating proof of funds. My bank's letter said that the payment was made in good faith, and they were going to refund any charges I incurred from the large amount being debited from my account. Apparently, this wasn't sufficient for Columbia Gas. The fact that I've spoken to multiple representatives from Columbia Gas during the week and no one mentioned that the verbage in the letter didn't satisfy their requirement is unacceptable.

Actually, that I've had to follow-up with them after being told, repeatedly, that someone would update me with the status is also, unacceptable. So today, I had to contact my bank again and request that another letter is sent specifically stating that my check wasn't going to bounce (it cleared last Friday) and it wouldn't be stop paid is ridiculous. We have had this account with Columbia Gas for 39 years and have never bounced a check to them. I, also, indicated that we are moving out of state next Friday (7/30/2021) and I don't want this check floating around in the mail but it seems that is what is going to happen no matter how proactive I've been in trying to quickly resolve this.

Good-bye Columbia Gas, I won't miss you at all. Gas.

User's recommendation: Don't have any expectations of follow-through or common sense from Columbia Gas.

Location: 200 South Civic Center Drive, Columbus, OH 43215

Comments

#2091857

And your stupid for allowing your bank to handle your bills for you grow up and pay your own damn bills when they come in then this wouldn’t have happened stop blaming everyone else for your incompetence I’m sure they won’t miss you either good riddance

Columbia Gas Reviews