Verified Reviewer

1.4

My wife and I had our gas shut off because they had an issue with our billing address. We had to spend 7 days without heat or a stove in the winter.

We schedule the soonest available technician to come, they give us a window of arrival between 8 am and 6 pm. (WTF) Neither of us can take the entire day off so the representative says we can leave a key for them. So I do only to come home from work around 3:45/4 to discover that they had attempted service but needed us to let them in the house. When I call they wont discuss it with me because my wifes name is the one on the account even though Im an authorized user.

Whats even worse is they said the tech already went home for they day so we have to reschedule.

Why then would you tell us that the technician could arrive as late as 6 oclock if he gets off before 4??? Now its going to be below freezing and I dont know if our pipes will burst or not.

User's recommendation: Go with literally anyone else if you can.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Columbia Gas Pros: Polite representatives.

Columbia Gas Cons: Service sucks.

Location: Dayton, Ohio